Supervision and Coaching in EASEL® style combines professional coaching and experiential social emotional learning. EASEL®Facilitators can continue another year of training to become authorized EASEL®Coaches. The two years together form a process training that makes you eligible to apply into the Finnish Supervisor Association.
Many facilitator trainees already have a coaching degree from elsewhere and find EASEL® a hugely beneficiary addition to their tool boxes. The second year is, however, compulsory to become EASEL®Coach because of the specific perspective of experiential social emotional learning and the need for a process to integrate EASEL® to own professional coaching / supervision style and target groups.
Certified EASEL®Coaches can offer supervision to other EASEL®Facilitators but also coach all professionals in human services who, in addition to high quality traditional coaching / supervision, want e.g. :
- to enhance own social emotional skills and get tools they can use in the office the very next day
- to try an experiential coaching style that doesn’t rely solely on talking and great questions and would like to have some sessions outside the traditional office setting to expand own thinking, creative problem solving, and intuition
- to investigate how they react in novel situations outside own comfort zone
- to reflect on feelings, values, ethics, beliefs and attitudes etc. that are difficult to reach by “just talking”
- to experience animal assisted coaching and EASEL®
Request an offer of a program for your company, or sign up for the next open course!
EASEL® benefits any work with people and should be in every interaction as a parent.
According to ancient Chinese teachings, a carriage is like the human body, the powerful horses emotions and desires, the harness like the will that ties it all together, and the driver like the mind that gets the whole lot going to one direction. We might add that the job of a corporate leader is like that of the groom in modern competitive carriage driving: s/he keeps the driver on the decided course, tracks the time, and balances the carriage over rough terrain and in fast turns…
Participants to our workshop listed the following examples of important new insights:
- How to recognize own emotions and distinguish them from the emotion contagion from others in social situations.
- How enhancing emotion regulation and the awareness of the influences of “a chemical cocktail” (of an emotion) in the body are important keys to personal development.
- It is possible to learn to better regulate own emotions and reactions once you understand the process in the human brain and body.
- The ability to feel empathy and compassion towards others starts from the experience of compassion towards self.
- The importance of setting own boundaries and how to deal with “boundary violations” (conflicts) in a constructive way. Strengthening own social emotional skills to be more sensitive of other people’s boundaries when interacting with them. On the other hand, widening own understanding to not automatically take someone’s behavior as deliberate boundary violation if I haven’t expressed my boundaries clearly.
- Own responsibility in social situations. Strengthening own social emotional skills and accepting that there are two responsible parties in every interaction.
- Letting go of preconceptions and unhelpful attitudes and beliefs.
- Own behavior and attitude may be a lock but also a gate to something new.
"Mari Louhi-Lehtiö has successfully combined to each training day a strong foundation in science (social neurosciences, education, psychology etc.) that, thanks to the every-day-examples, participants are able to understand and integrate into a meaningful working framework for own work. The insights gained invariably influence peoples’ private lives, too. I warmly recommend both EASEL® as a facilitation methodology and Mari as an outstanding coach, trainer, and lecturer."
“Social emotional skills are essential in our work when we train corporate leaders, executives and teams. The trainer’s own healthy self-awareness and ability for empathy (without being swallowed by it) are key elements for success in our work. EASEL® offers us as leadership trainers a solid framework for learning and analyzing our work. I have spent a year in EASEL Facilitator training but even in just one training day to my colleagues Mari increased their understanding about human behavior in an interesting way with the perspective of social neurosciences. Mari Louhi-Lehtiö has an exceptional ability to bridge evidence-based theories and scientific knowledge to every-day situations making her trainings engaging and convincing.
Many of our corporate clients struggle with constant changes caused by markets. Their work requires flexibility and ability to change but at the same time persistence to reach the goals with selected strategies. In our own trainings we have seen how the perspectives borrowed from EASEL® have generated new insights among our corporate clients and, in turn, helped them improve their work."
When your job is to help, guide, teach, heal or lead others, ET’s programs help you do your job more professionally, more effectively, with heart and less fatigue.
EASEL®, is a method for increasing well-being and success at work and in private life through strengthening Social Emotional Skills. EASEL® benefits any work with people and should be in every interaction as a parent.
EASEL®Facilitator training program is for everyone who works with people and wants to become better at it. Our target groups are professionals whose job is to lead, teach, motivate, coach, support, counsel, serve or heal others.
If you want to be well and successful both at work and in your personal life, EASEL® helps you re-calibrate your Social Emotional Skills to better match the demands of your work and today’s world. EASEL®Facilitator training program also adds to your professional toolbox an effective facilitation methodology for experiential social emotional learning or therapy (depending on your background education)
EASEL Training’s mission is to help you stay happy, balanced, successful and creative in both your personal and professional life through helping you strengthen your Emotional Competence.
In our vision, social emotional skills are consistently strengthened as part of all education and training, personal development, and professional continuing education. Children’s social emotional skills and all-round well-being depend on the social emotional skills and balance of the adults around them.
- Open dialogue
- Honesty and transparency